Had a HUGE Scare Tonight….

Just had a huge scare – I was playing with the three girls: Fiona, Flora and Evie. I am getting my night kisses and loving and Fiona goes and picks something up. So, I automatically ask her to give it to me. To my horror it was a light bulb!!!!!!! It was a wattage I do not use and I NEVER leave bulbs in the buildings- they go into my pocket or stay in my hand until tossed in a can. Where it came from who knows.Thank goodness Golden Retrievers are designed to have soft mouths. I could of lost her so easily – now, to jump start my heart. Oh, she did try to steal my measuring cups after handing me the bulb. Gotta love a Golden Retriever. Now i need to breathe…………..

If she HAD eaten the glass I do have a handy remedy that works- you need NATURAL COTTON balls, and evaporated milk. If you suspect your dog has consumed glass or even staples- soak the balls in the evaporated milk. The dog will gulp it down- the cotton wraps around the shards and will allow the glass pass naturally. Penny ate a glass casserole that exploded one time while baking a casserole. I only had real milk- she gulped it down, no bloody stools. This was 2 yrs ago. Oh, she did this at 2am. So much for boxing the mess, and triple bagging things- her nose works!

About Ellee

Living in the mountains with my beloved goldens, Great Pyrenees , and three crazy cats. Not to mention the various rescues who pass through here. Life is good!
For those who keep asking…. wordpress.

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply